By Erik Harden, BWC Public Information Officer
Improved health and wellness leads to a better quality of life in all aspects of our lives, including the workplace.
Living a healthy, balanced life can help prevent injury or help workers recover more quickly if they are hurt on the job. That’s why we’re launching Better You, Better Ohio!™ – a program designed to provide health and wellness resources and services to workers who work for small Ohio employers (50 or fewer workers) in high-risk industries*.
Better You, Better Ohio! takes the stress out of implementing or joining a workplace wellness program thanks to a simple, paperless sign-up process for workers and no costs for the employee or employer. The program offers:
- Health and wellness awareness, education and training;
- Health assessments and biometric screenings for better understanding of their health and well-being;
- A member engagement website that allows them to develop health plans and track their progress to achieve their goals;
- A state-of-the art mobile app for creating weekly action plans and getting health tips;
- Digital coaching to help them on their journey to better health.
Why we’re offering Better You, Better Ohio!
Ohio, like much of the nation, is facing major health challenges driven primarily by obesity, aging and the rise in chronic diseases (i.e. diabetes and cardiovascular diseases). As of 2017, Ohio’s health ranking stood at 39th among the 50 states. These health challenges and outcomes are mostly associated with lifestyle behaviors. Individuals can improve these behaviors by using the resources and support services health and wellness programs like Better You, Better Ohio! offer.
Want to know more?
Visit our Better You, Better Ohio! webpage for additional details.
*Agriculture; automotive repair and service; construction; firefighters; health care; manufacturing; police and public safety; public employers; restaurant and food service; transportation and trucking; trash collection; wholesale and retail